Monday 3 August 2020

Porsche 996 Oil Change Frequency Interval

I've had my 911, 996 model for 15 months now. When I bought it the last oil change had been done 3 years and 2000 miles ago so although it was overdue by time interval it was well under on distance as it had done very little mileage.

Porsche 996 Oil change frequency
Porsche 996 Oil change frequency

I changed the oil in June 2019 as well as other service items like air filter so that I have a baseline of servicing that I know has been done at specific times & mileage.

Twelve months on and I've also done little mileage. Despite a trip to Germany last year and various events it wasn't massive and has been even less so this year due to the Covid19 lockdown. The total driven was under 2000 miles but I still wanted to get the oil change completed so I know it's something that has been done annually.
Although it might be overkill to change oil in under 2000 miles there was quite a few occasions when the car was started to move it around the drive which can't be particularly good for oil longevity and the cost of oil change is cheap compared to replacement engine if the oil is substandard.
As such I plan to continue to change the oil every year to try to help maintain the engine as well as being able to get early warning of any issues by seeing any debris in the oil filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment