Monday 4 November 2019

Porsche 911 Running Costs for First 6 Months

I've now owned my 1998 Porsche 911 for 6 months and as of November have decided to take it off the road over the winter to replace the suspension which was identified as corroded at the recent MOT test. It's now been registered as SORN so that the car tax isn't due and will put it back on the road in March.

I've deliberately tried to reduce the spending over the last 6 weeks to bring down the average as I'd been spending very heavily since getting the car.

New air con condensers for Porsche 911
  • Replaced both air conditioning condensers and underbody pipes so air con now works
  • Replaced non standard front bumper with factory version & resprayed it
  • Replaced both radiators, thermostat & some hoses as well as coolant replacement
  • Full service including fresh engine oil, oil filter, air filter, cabin filter
  • Gearbox oil change
  • New tyres all round
  • Original wheels obtained and refitted
  • Track rod ends & tie rods replaced
  • Sunroof seal replaced
  • Remote Central locking fixed
Engine oil service

Coolant hoses replaced
The total spend over this time was £2517.14 but I still have the set of wheels that came on the car and a spare rear bumper to sell which should give me £450 back so the total will be £2067.

Much of the spending was optional items that I wanted to do rather than being absolutely necessary but listed in one place it shows how much I've achieved over the last six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment