Friday 9 August 2019

Porsche 911 Monthly Running Costs - 3 Months Summary

As I've owned my Porsche 911 996 model for three months I though it would be worth doing an update on the costs that I've incurred over this time.

It's been a busy time since I've had the car with lots of maintenance jobs done and a mix of essential and optional spending as a result. Some things like the replacement bumpers and new wheels were entirely optional, cosmetic choices but others such as engine oil and gearbox oil changes were key maintenance items.

Other jobs such as coolant hose replacements were preventative maintenance that hopefully will keep the car running better over the long term. Things like tyre replacements are routine maintenance that will hopefully only need doing again in 20,000 miles or so.

The total spend to date has been just over £1500 which includes an allowance for the sale of the Techart wheels that the car came with and have now been switched back to the original Porsche style ones. I'm hoping the spend will reduce now that some key jobs have been done but am also aware that there are some other expensive tasks that I still want to do such as suspension component replacements.



Taking in to account the cost of the car I think I'm still breaking even as the fixes I've done should make it both easier to sell and increase the asking price.

No comments:

Post a Comment