Thursday 18 July 2019

Porsche 911 Coolant Hose Replacement

While changing the gearbox oil on my Porsche 996 I spotted that the coolant hoses from the water pump and thermostat appeared to be damaged on the surface from what appeared to be angle grinder movement. I'm guessing that at some past exhaust replacement that the bolts were cut off and when doing so the coolant pipes were accidentally touched with the grinder.

Porsche 911 996 coolant hose - water pump replacement
Fortunately the hoses weren't leaking but I wanted to make sure that they didn't fail unexpectedly so  ordered new hoses and will also change the thermostat at the same time.

I found that one of the hoses has been replace by a revised version which also requires a new hard metal hose line due to the change in shape of the rubber hose. While replacing the hoses it also made sense to do a complete coolant change and I also decided to replace both of the front radiators as well when the system was apart. Finally I also wanted to replace the original thermostat with a low temperature version that opens at 71C rather than 83C from the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment