Thursday 8 August 2019

Porsche 911 Falken FK510 Tyres Review

I've now fitted my Porsche 911 with the original style wheels, Sport Design model. These came without tyres so I needed to purchase a full set.

My previous 911 was fitted with Falken tyres when I bought it so decided to go with the same brand again.

Porsche 911 996 Falken FK510 Tyres
Porsche 911 Falken FK510 Tyres with Sport Design wheels
First impressions are that the ride is harder than the old tyres but it's a tough comparison of brand new tyres with ones that were between 12 and 16 years old - the tyres on the old Techart wheels were dated 2003, 2007 and 2008! They had plenty of tread left but were definitely beyond their best.

It's early days but so far they seem to be pretty quiet and have decent grip. I found that the tyre fitters haven't set the tyre pressures to the recommended settings from Porsche so will get those set as 36 front and 44 rear over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment