Monday 13 May 2019

1998 Porsche 911 Carrera (996 3.4) Restoration Project

This is a much more mild restoration that my Porsche 944 but there are still various jobs that need to be done to bring the car back up to standard, some easier than others.

The leather seats were showing signs of wear along the driver's bolster. Having recoloured the seats of my Porsche 944 the process wasn't too scary for me and I'd seen how good results could be previously. I'd also swapped the seats of my previous 911 so if all else failed that was also an option open to me.

Changing colour of Porsche seats
The side bolster was looking quite tatty where it gets rubbed as the driver gets into the car.



Fortunately it was just the surface of the leather and the actual material was not damaged so it was a fairly easy job to apply colourant dye to the seats to bring them back to looking good.



First job done, now to work through the rest of the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment