Monday 22 May 2023

Porsche 911 996 Coolant Oil Mixing - Car Sold

 The Porsche 996 I bought in 2019 has now gone - sad times :( 

Porsche 911 996 Coolant Oil Mixing - Engine Damage
Porsche 911 996 Coolant Oil Mixing - Engine Damage

It had oil mixing with the coolant and having looked at the options it was going to be far more economical to sell the car "as is" than carry the cost of rebuilding the engine. As an example one car I've looked at is on the market for £16,000 but had a major engine rebuild less than 12 months ago at a cost of just under £15,000. I managed to sell my car to someone for £7500 to fit a Hartech rebuilt engine in as donor because their car was seriously corroded.

I'm now on the lookout for another 996 so watch this space for updates! This time I'm planning on a cabriolet having never owned one before.

No comments:

Post a Comment