Monday 9 March 2020

Porsche 911 996 Carrera Rear Strut/Stabiliser Bars Rusted

The rusted strut stabiliser bar is the first thing I see when I look under my Porsche 911 so cleaning it up is a job I've wanted to do for ages. They are the 2 bars marked in green in the photo below.

Porsche 911-996 stabilizer bar rusted
Porsche 911-996 strut stabiliser bar rusted

Removing the strut bar looked straightforward with bolts at either end, one needed a 15mm socket, the other was 16mm. However it still didn't come off once they were removed so on further checking there was another 15mm nut accessed from above and a rubber bush that was pushed in to the chassis.

Once off it was a pretty easy job to sand down to remove the rust on the surface. 
I've then painted with hammerite anti-rust paint to hopefully stop it rusting for a while into the future.

One side done, one to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment