Monday 2 October 2017

Porsche 944 Seat Restoration Retrimming

The seats in my Porsche 944 were rather tired when I bought it. More specifically the driver's seat was very worn and had been badly patched in the past.

Porsche 944 Seat Restoration Retrimming

Porsche 944 worn pinstripe seats
Porsche 944 worn pinstripe seats 
 The passenger side was in excellent condition but unfortunately it proved very difficult to get matching material to do the driver's side.

In the end I decided that it would be easier and give a better result to get both seats recovered and found a local retrimmer Browns Trimming in Margate who were able to assist. After a detailed discussion we decided that a centre section of soft perforated leather surrounded by heavy duty leather look vinyl would give the best finish so I took the seats to them just before Christmas to let them work their magic.

Early in January I had the call to let me know they were ready and managed to arrange a visit combined with the local Parkrun to ensure I was there early enough to collect.

I have to say I was very impressed, the material was very soft and the seats comfortable to use. It was also very noticeable that new foam support had been added as the bolsters were much more solid than before. I'll grab some shots of the seats back in the car but these were taken as they got unloaded.



No comments:

Post a Comment