Thursday 6 July 2017

Porsche 944 Clutch Master Cylinder

The clutch master cylinder was leaking on my Porsche 944 so one of the jobs I've been needing to do is replacing it. I bought the part many months ago but with the other restoration work taking priority it's been left. Before I put the seats back in the car it seemed an ideal opportunity to sort it - and from the experience I'd highly recommend doing the job with the driver's seat removed!

The actual replacement of the master cylinder is fairly straightforward but was much simpler with the underside of the car dismantled. Without the exhaust and torque tube in place it was much easier to access the bleed nipple for the clutch to be able to flush the old clutch fluid out and remove air from the system.

When we did the bleeding the fluid that came out was a horrible brown colour so hadn't been changed for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment